Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Finished Mitten

Last week I finished one of my Aran Island Mittens. I haven't
started the second one yet because... well...I can't stand the needles.
I was using size 1 metal needles and they were so slippery and
hurt my hands. Hopefully this week I will get some bamboo size 1's.
I keep breaking the size 1 bamboo ones. I love how the first mitten
came out. However, I definitely had to pay attention to the chart at all times.


My dishcloth swap pal recommended a new pattern for a dishcloth at this
great site
here and I may work on it tonight. Thanks spyarn! My brother-in-law
is flying over for a few days and I'd love to send a few dishcloths home
to my mother-in-law in Ireland. Since dishcloths are my new obsession.


Here is an arial photo of my husband's hometown in Ireland. It's about
40 miles north of Dublin in Co. Louth. I haven't been there yet but
we might be going there this fall.

No comments: